martes, 26 de marzo de 2019

The right to BE

I defend my right to express my femininity. I've earned my freedom after all my struggle.

I defend the right of any woman, cis and trans, to express their femininity. It's not a competition.

I defend the right of any man to express their femininity. It should never be a cause for shame.

I defend the right of my husband to express his masculinity. He has earned his freedom after his own struggle, too.

I defend the right of any man, cis and trans, to express their masculinity. It's not a competition.

I defend the right of any woman to express their masculinity. It should never be a cause for fear.

I defend the right for anyone who wishes to express both, one at a time or at the same time. It's not confusion, get off their back.

I defend the right for anyone to not express either, because who are we to tell them that they have to adhere to either one?

I defend the right of attraction to one, the other, both or all. It's all in the eye of the beholder, and it's all in what the heart and body wants.

I defend the right of feeling no specific attraction, as who's to say that we should all feel the same way?

I defend the right of exploring all the paths, of discovering who one really is, of changing bodies accordingly, of changing one's mind if it needs be, of respecting each other in all these decisions, and more importantly:

I defend the right to simply BE.

Sandra Cole ~ Actress, Model, Writer, Esoteric Practitioner



Picture from our original play "The Fool's Journey - a Trip through the Tarot" (His & Hers Theatre Company). My husband Stephen as the Fool and myself as the World - traditionally portrayed as Male and Female respectively, but often also cards of gender fluidity depending on the deck used. The Fool may represent Androgyny and the World can be the Hermaphrodite figure of Alchemy, both in the constant motion of beginning and end, learning, becoming, and evolution in all aspects. In short, the constant flow of life.
The picture was taken by our friend and teacher Mani Navasothy.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario