viernes, 27 de febrero de 2015

Alanis and Michigan: friends, companions, familiars... Always!

Today is the day I shall always keep in my heart for these two: Alanis and Michigan, who were with me through every difficult step, through every joyous achievement, through every change of heart...

Alanis turns 18 today, we lost Michigan back in April; but they´re joined in my heart, and they're still working their magic together, because that´s the role they were meant to play.

I had a good talk with Alanis today, and I'm sure I'll see her and her sister in my dreams tonight, because we still have to celebrate, like we do every year even through my distance.  Alanis is happy and well taken care of, my philosophical cat who'd rather be alone and let her thoughts roam free as she delights in the wind and the rain and watches the trees sway.  Michigan was the sociable one, and also the one that I'd be able to have a conversation with after reading aloud from a book I was enjoying or an assignment from class.  She'd also watch football games with my dad, and steal our food any chance she'd get.  Alanis crawls under my blankets (or my sister's) whenever she hears someone come into the house, and she tends to pull the water bowl towards her before drinking, instead of taking a further step to reach it herself... she'd make me jump in the night sometimes with that!

So, here's to them, my little ones, I think of them fondly and dearly wish to hold Alanis again when I visit my parents at some point during the Summer, but for now this connection of ours will have to suffice...  And this image of them to last forever through eternity, to give a smile to anyone who lays eyes on it, and hopefully bring to the onlookers as much healing as these darling sisters have done to me!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario