viernes, 3 de abril de 2015

Glastonbury Tales, pt. 6

Hello kind readers!  Excuse my absence once again and let me begin with a brief announcement: because I’m really getting into writing my next novel, Iar, I will blog only once a month from now on, although the date for that has yet to be decided…  However, I might come up with surprise entries every now and then, if the need for such arises in my fingertips.

So, it’s been weeks since we talked, it seems, and I have to admit that I regret not publishing this entry on the Friday after the last entry, because that’s when Stephen and I were actually celebrating our six months and a “Glastonbury, pt. 6” might have been sweetly meaningful…  On the other hand, I get to tell you what happened on that weekend and on the few weeks after, and that shall be a thrill for me!  Firstly, on Friday the 20th, the day of the Solar Eclipse, we were on our way to London, so we got to see the eclipse from the coach and we even got to see Stonehenge right as the eclipse was coming to an end!  Needless to say, we had our own little healing ritual right there on the coach, but instead of talking about what we did (which indeed is quite personal), I’ll redirect you to my friend and mentor Mani Navasothy’s book, Eclipse Magic (http://www.maninavasothy.com/html/eclipse_magic.html ), on which you can find a great deal of ideas to do your own kinds of rituals, healing or otherwise.  I prefer to always do healing, because anything you ask from the outside has to always be processed within the self first.  In order to get good things from the world, we have to be clean and ready to obtain them; yet others might differ, so you’re welcome to explore what best suits you…

We were on the coach, then, Stephen’s head on my shoulder as we gazed at the Eclipse through the clouds – the clouds being thick enough so that we were able to watch for a great deal of time before and after it reached its totality; then we saw Stonehenge pop up from the ground, the way it does when you’re looking for it from the road, and it was just a very blissful moment indeed!  It made me realise many things, but especially that my choice to document my healing path is a never-ending story in itself, because like it’s been stated over and over again, once you start healing, you can never truly stop!  Never!  Dun dun dun!  (Hehe, un-helpable, hehehe)  In all seriousness, though, once you realise the roots of your issues and how to fix them, you just keep finding things to work on and heal more and more things within you, dark corners and sharp edges and all of that.  Sure, it gets dangerous if you become fanatical about it: if you can’t stop because if you stop you go mad, but that’s true with any health practice!  Like a person who wants to lose weight and looses the sense of proportion instead, becoming too thin and thus unhealthy again; or vice-versa, for those need to gain weight and become uber-muscular, to the point of losing elasticity.  Yes, I’m drawing on the body issues again because I’m tired of this body-shaming battle going on the media over the past months… If you’re too fat, you’re unhealthy, if you’re too thin, you’re unhealthy, if you’re uber-muscular, you’re unhealthy!  And here the word “too” refers to what is an unhealthy weight in relation to height, body-type and age…  It’s not about aesthetics anymore, it’s about health!  Granted, if a person can’t lose weight because of health issues, such as thyroids, medicine intake (such as in my case), or other weight-gaining illnesses or issues, they have to treat that first, not the weight problem!  And doctors going “Oh, you have to lose weight to fix this or that problem” (such as knee or back pain) are not helping either, because they only make the person feel worse about themselves and even more impotent than before…  However, there have been some really good blog entries on this subject, so keep reading on about it and make your own mind.  Now, body image, that’s another story!  I stick to my belief that we’re all pretty and that we’re all seen as pretty by some and not by others, and we have to be at peace with that, especially because, a) we don’t all have the same taste, and b) not because you’re not seen as pretty by a person or a particular group does it mean that you’re less pretty, it just means they don’t think you’re pretty!  But why do “they” matter so much?  What truly matters is who you are, not how you think “society” wants you to be… although no one actually ever says who “society” really is – it could be the rich folk, it could be Hollywood, it could be Religion (seen as how many people blame “Religion” for everything nowadays), it could be the people in charge of social media, it could be aliens, Big Brother, the Master, or the gods playing games with us, who knows?

So, let’s return to Glastonbury, then!  (Yes, we came back from London to Glastonbury, so that line fits in very prettily).  Well, do I ever really talk about Glastonbury?  Not sure… That was half rhetorical and half I-truly-don’t-know, btw…  Anyhow, we had our first long-ish visit a few days ago: my friend Nancy, from Durango; one of those people that you just know you feel comfortable with and who, no matter how much time passes, the good relationship seems natural as soon as you get in touch again.  I must say, aside from all the fun we had and how lovely it was to show someone around the town I love and know as home (and all the magic in entails!) (and how cool it was to see her pictures on Facebook, images of all those places that I see every day or very often, shown to the world through someone else’s eyes!!), the best bit was the sharing of pure laughter and joy between three people who are happy with themselves, contented and achieved and fulfilled (although some of us still have a bit of path to thread to get there on the professional level…  But hard work will pay off here as well, as it has done on my personal trek!).  Nancy has had a healing path of her own, and I’m sure glad I’ve converged with her during different stages of it, and even more now when I can see all her commitment paying off…  I wish to be able to see everyone I care about just like that: having succeeded or on a very positive path towards that, each on the issue they have been working on…  And even those I don’t care about!  Wait, that came out funny… I mean, I wish to see everyone achieving that level of being happy with themselves, regardless of the other things they might still have to fix in their lives.  I believe that as long as we get to that point of being truly and openly happy with whom we are, then the other issues will begin to get fixed almost automatically – not that we won’t have to work on them anymore!  However, because we’ve already established our wishes time and time again, as the Universe sees that you’re working hard for them, it’ll grant them to you.

Oh, I hate how pink and fluffy that sounds… but it’s exactly what I believe, and I don’t mean to change a word of it unless I’m proven wrong.  Tonight there is another eclipse: some will see it and some shall be asleep, depending on what part of the world one is, but it’s still a very nice time to soak in the meaningful idea of change, release, protection, visibility or openness that we spiritually give it (or any other that you might need for your own purposes); and we’re so privileged to be able to enjoy the experience!  I’m off to eat something now, but I hope I’ve left you with some inspiration about whatever you need to today…

Oh, in case you were wondering, I wasn’t intending to expand on my 6-month celebratory weekend in London with Stephen, but I did change the subject quite abruptly there, didn’t I?  Well, we had dinner and theatre (we saw The Commitments – funny, thought-provoking and extremely enjoyable, with absolutely fantastic music!  Recommendable to all who love musicals and/or soul music), and we had Spring rituals at Richmond Park both on Saturday and Sunday… oh, and breakfast at one of the first pubs we had a meal together six months before! Very meaningful…  Yet, I’m only saying this partly to brag and partly to make sure that you don’t think that I’m being secretive about something just because I changed the subject out of the blue…  Having said that, off I go for food!

Have a lovely weekend!

Sandra Tena ~ Writer, dreamer, healer, lover

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario