viernes, 22 de agosto de 2014

The right to wish for romance back

There are moments in life when all a girl needs is a kiss from a good man… and that is perfectly all right, as long as she knows that once it’s satisfied, or merely passed, she can just move on and carry on with her life.  There will be times such said good man will stay with her forevermore; there will be times he’ll just float by.  There will be times he won’t even comply.  Sadly, there might be times as well when she’ll realize he’s not such a good man as she’d thought, and then she’d better move away.  But the key here, and hear me right, is that she continues down her path, either to keep searching or maybe enjoying the new company, it’s all the same: she should still keep walking, wearing a beautiful smile and taking pleasure in everything else there is to see in life –either still searching, or now accompanied…!

Oh *blush*, I wrote this as part of a dialogue between my characters, hehehe, but it just went on and on and on and I realized that it was exactly what I wanted to say to so many people with whom I’ve had the “Romance: real or not?” conversation (and with many that have ever given me the “You must love yourself before asking someone to love you” speech). I actually wrote this weeks ago, with no idea whatsoever that what happened to me last weekend was going to happen, so it now makes it all the more poignant for me to post it… maybe to make it very clear to the Universe that *this* is what I believe, and that I am more than ready to put a full stop to the recurring heartache that my life has developed into...  So, I will keep writing now from the moment I broke the character monologue… and here goes!
And all this I write to say, folks, don’t keep love away from life! Don’t judge a woman because she might need companionship at one point or another.  To need romance is extremely different than needing friendship or nurturing love from parents or family.  It’s not that one is “deeper” than the other.  In fact, there is not one “deeper” love at all.  Love is love in EVERY way, it just changes shape depending on the chemistry it creates (or lack of thereof) between the people involved; and the fact that a woman needs romantic love every once in a while does not make her weak at all, or incomplete, or should be classified as “having feelings of low-self worth”, or such said things.  A woman needing romantic love is merely HUMAN, something society has forgotten ever since romance was pegged as an illusory thing, as a fantasy image that people cling to when they’re unhappy with their lives… Well, it’s not: it’s real and should be brought back to life… Dating should come back, flowers should come back, being the best person for someone we fancy should come back…  Wait, that can be misunderstood…  Let me expand.  New paragraph please :)
See, here is where we erred, when it was stated that dating is a masquerade because a person only puts on their best face to awe someone and then shows his/her real face when they have them under their spell…  What are we?  A bunch of nincompoopy loser jerks? No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no…  As if “morning face” was a bad thing, or being angry at something or having a bad day meant being a bad person… the idea of “now showing the real face” seems to convey that letting the other person see the “real you” means showing a really bad person that lies underneath the “good face” shown on the date… BUT unless the person is actually evil, then the “real them” should not be bad at all!  If the real person is indeed evil, or truly horrible, then he/she would be pathological and should not be considered into the normal (so to say) standard of what dating is usually like, is it?  I mean, we’ve all got our horror stories of the person who only wanted to date us for sex or for money or for whatever, but I refuse to believe that that is the majority of the population…  I mean, most of us are really okay guys, aren’t we?  People who are searching for what’s best for them in the world should not be put down just because they had a bad day one time, nor should they be classified as to “having shown their true face”.  And in any case, it should never be that we look better or act better on a date than we do at home just because we want to impress someone…  It would be better that we always strive to be the best person we can be, but for ourselves, not for others… and then, when we do meet someone we fancy, then we would want to show them that beauty: we should be proud to show them the better person we’re becoming or have become.
That’s what dates should turn into, a pleasure to be ourselves because we already love who we are, and show that person happily to others…  That’s why romance is real, because it came from real emotions and real desires to follow-up on those emotions…  and just the fact that the world is so sexed-up today –don’t get me wrong, I like sex as much as the next person-, it should not mean that sex has to stop being romantic altogether…
I have to make a little tangent here…  So, the liberty of sex, then… I have had so many talks about this subject with so many people over the past few months that it’s starting to make me feel like a preacher. Lol.  (I guess). (Yeah, why not? Let’s try and look at it from the ironic-twist point of view).  So then, yeah, lol.  Ironic twist: I do not believe in religion.  I am not a moralist.  I am not a goody-two-shoes.  I am a woman with needs and desires just like anybody else; I support the need of women to maintain their beautiful-being status while they also do career and brainy stuff.  Like many others, I also believe that the world has become so sexed-up that it’s just not as enticing anymore, and girls have to run around half-naked just to prove that they can compete, but that’s where the respect is lost and women get separated into two categories: the easy ones and the respectful ones.  The easy ones have a hard enough time feeling that they’re not lovable enough, and the respectful ones have to sit there and pretend not to care when the men around them gape at all the other girls but won’t touch *them* (the respectful ones) because they respect them too much...  I’m saying this out of both my own experience and from comments I’ve heard from women of many ages and many nationalities...
More tangent... I think that because I’ve been overweight because of my medication for such a long time, it’s hard for me to let go of the pain of not looking the way I wish so I could be sexy-stylish without looking easy... the thing is, even overweight, I love my body, and I love it when people notice I have a good body, and it is important to me that if a man is interested in me then he shows me that he appreciates me visually, but that hardly ever happens... (oh, me me me, Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!  Sorry about the egotistic rant there, I have a point, I promise). Because I tend to fall for really amazing guys who have direction and a lot of brains and usually a touch of that geekiness that I find so appealing, I try to follow their signs and when I feel that they feel the same way then make my move and it goes so wrong...  God help me, were I dare to show my cleavage or my legs and they “respectfully” avert their eyes... I lean forward and they lean back. (Er, not physically, but as in terms of taking that scary I’M INTERESTED step...).  They go with “You’re so beautiful and so smart and you deserve someone great”.  Yes I do, and I was going for you, you dummy.  The only one time I actually went for “Let’s have sex now” I was greeted with a very uneasy “Are you crazy?”. Granted, I was not aware that that one time he had actually had sex with a close friend of mine just weeks before, so I guess that I should not take *that* one too personal.  (Oh, and note: I am not talking about one-night stands, I’m talking about the ones I truly find interesting, attractive and amazing. Period.  The ones I am worth having by my side.  Double period.)  OMG I feel so Carrie Bradshaw now going all sex-talk on my blog...  I should have stayed in bed and kicked my heels in the air as I typed instead of getting all British Library(—ish?).  Maybe next time, lol.
So, back to the (secondary) subject: just because sex has become so important (or rather, so open) in every-day life, it does not mean that dating and romance should be forgotten...  It would just be healthier if it was a combination of all three...
Just to close, let’s go back to go back to the “deeper” love thing: it’s always a contest, isn’t it? “A mother’s love is deeper because she carries and nurtures”, or “A father’s love is deeper because he provides and protects”, or a grandparent’s love is deeper because it’s tenderness, or a sibling’s cos it’s strength, or a friend’s cos it’s chosen and unconditional...  I could go on and on...  But I won’t. I want to finish this with a statement:
Love is LOVE. Period. It is all the same.  It comes in different shapes and sizes and colours and textures, but it is always deep.  Love means deepness.  Love means it IS.  And it can end and it can start just like anything else in the world. But when it’s there, it’s there.  When you love someone as a parent, as a friend, as a partner, it’s love all the same, even though the physical and biochemical responses to each are so different between them.  Love is love.  Take it and enjoy it and live it.
Oh, that was a whole paragraph then...  Good...  Well, just add to that the next statement: if it hasn’t been transformed into love yet but it’s underway, then take it and enjoy it and live it all the same...  I mean, cos I was talking about dating in the beginning of this entry, and we obviously can’t fall in love just like that while we’re dating, but there is a reason for the “deeper” love subject to have been inserted here.  It’s not that out of the blue...  Well, it’s out of the blue box, true, cos I started writing the first bit of the blog (the one that was mean to be part of a dialogue) from something Peter Capaldi said online about the Doctor not flirting with Clara because he wanted to take the Doctor’s love back to that “deeper” love he showed in the original series... so I wrote the dialogue!  Lol.  He just made me be in the right place to order some of these ideas, and I truly respect the man greatly ;)... Not because I disagree with him about the idea of what “deeper” love is (and in fact am glad to know there won’t be flirting involved this season), does that make me less eager for tomorrow evening to come around...  But I to close up (again) let’s just say that the process of finding love should be just as beautiful as having it already, and there are plenty of people out there who deserve to be happy as they search for love.  It’s the same than with all kinds of happiness really, that’s why I spoke of the path on the first paragraph: so many lines have been written about this, in all times and all places, the key is enjoying the path...  Oh, the key to happiness is a matter for another entry, maybe someday when I’m not so much on page three but at the beginning of the document?  I think that if I could just get over that whole “Academic writing stresses me out” I could even write a whole essay on it, given the amount of things I’ve learned about happiness in my life...  That makes me feel good.  I wish the same for everyone else ...  OK, I have to close now...!
Oh, as I thanked Capaldi for spurring me with his words, I also want to thank Cordelia and Louise de la Valliere, because they too gave me good insights on the matter from the pages of two amazing Classics...
Much love to all, of EVERY kind available!  And blessings and happy days and nights ahead!
Cheers!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario